Holiday entertainment is in full force this weekend.
• Makers Market and Light Art Experience at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center opens today to kick off the winter tide, a month of festivities and celebrations.
The Makers Market will be held at the Esther Webster Gallery and the light art installations will be spread across the 5 acres of Webster’s Woods, both at the Arts Center at 1203 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
The Makers Market runs from today through December 18th from 11am to 5pm Thursday to Sunday and extended hours until 8pm every Friday.
The Light Art Experience runs from today through December 28th at Webster’s Woods.
The artworks are illuminated every evening from 4pm to 8pm
The Makers Market features a range of locally made gifts from 37 Clallam County artists and craftspeople. Visitors will find art prints, home decor, jewelry, personal care, kitchen items, cards, stickers, and clothing.
According to a press release, it will offer “an alternative atmosphere to the Black Friday shopping frenzy.”
Hot or alcoholic beverages and heated seating will be provided in the courtyard tonight from 5pm to 8pm, with live music by alternative folk singer-songwriter Elena Loper from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. Craft nut roasters D’s Nuts sell snacks in the courtyard from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m
For more information about the Wintertide Festival of Lights and to purchase tickets, visit www.pafac.org/wintertidefestival.
• Winter Ice Village – The annual Port Angeles Winter Ice Village is open for its fifth season with daily ice skating through January 2 at 121 W. Front St.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Ice skating is available on Thanksgiving weekend from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and December 17th until the closing day.
The rink – the only one on the North Olympic Peninsula – closes for 30 minutes at noon, 3pm and 6pm to resurface the ice.
Unlimited daily skating is $15 per day for those ages 13 and older and $10 per day for those ages 3-12. Children under the age of 3 are not allowed on the ice.
Family and military discounts and a $150 season pass are available.
Ice skate rental is included in the price.
• Queens & Aces will perform at the Port Angeles Eagles, 2843 E. Myrtle St. on Saturday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Entry fee is $10 per person, $8 for members.
• Joy in Mudville will perform at the New Moon Craft Tavern, 130 S. Lincoln St., Port Angeles on Saturday at 8:00 p.m.
There is no cover charge.
• Abby Mae and the Homeschool Boys will perform at Roosevelt at the Wharf, 115 E. Railroad Ave, Port Angeles at 7 p.m. Saturday.
There is no charge for expenses, but donations are accepted.
• Port Townsend Urban Sketcher will be sketching at Point Hudson Marina on Saturday at 10am.
The group meets at the Hudson Point Cafe, 130 Hudson St.
The marina is mostly empty due to jetty construction, but there are views of the water, iconic buildings, the beach, the bay and the Sea Marine shipyard.
The group meets at 12.00 in the café to share their work and take a photo.
The event is free and open to sketchers of all skill levels.
Visit urbansketchersport townsend.wordpress.com for more information.
• family movie night hosted by the North Olympic Library System will screen the 2017 animated film The LEGO Batman Movie on Saturday at 3pm.
The free screening is at the Forks Branch Library, 171 Forks Ave. S., Forks, instead.
The Forks and Clallam Bay Branch Libraries are showing the 2021 Disney film Encanto in December.
For more information, call the library at 360-417-8500, email [email protected], or visit www.nols.org.