It was a tragedy that “shook the community,” Moscow Police Department chef Fry said this afternoon. The death and gruesome murder of four University of Idaho students are still under investigation and the case is drawing increasing global attention.
In their second press conference since the news broke, local authorities stressed that they seek justice and that it may take time.
Although no new information was released today, authorities have been sought what is known as fact to be shared:
- So far there have been 646 tips
- Over 90 interviews were conducted
- The Idaho State Police, the Latah County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI and the Moscow Police Department are all involved
And as for the series of events:
- On the evening of November 12, two of the students were at a local bar, followed by a food truck and then home at 1:45 p.m
- The other two students were at a house party but got home around the same time
- The two surviving housemates were also out that night – they got home around 1:00 a.m. and didn’t wake up until later in the morning.
- The 9-1-1 call originated from inside the home and was made using the phone of one of these surviving roommates
- Two deceased students were found on the second floor, the other two on the third floor.
- There are NO signs of sexual assault
- Detectives continue to search for and through local surveillance footage and search neighborhoods
Idaho State Police Director Kedrick Wills asked the community to please stop the rumors and speculation and only work with the information that is being released by the police. All authorities are aware that social media and internet forums are currently a wildfire of misinformation.
Police clarified that the following people are NOT involved in the crime:
- The hooded man seen in food truck footage
- The driver who took two students home that evening
- The surviving roommates
It’s important to note that the identity of the 9-1-1 caller was not released, nor was the call tone.
The following questions were asked and answered by Chief Fry of the Moscow Police Department
“Why do you think these killings were targeted?”
Because of the totality of factors and we still believe in it.
“Do you have the resources to investigate this case?”
We do, there was an incredible shake up from the FBI & ISP
“Was the killer the 911 caller?
I’ll tell you no
“What about the male that the girls called several times before the end of the night?”
We believe there was no connection
“Can you finally rule out a 9-1-1 caller?”
Although this was never answered directly, it was because the police chief implied that the caller might not have been a resident of the home but was using a resident’s phone.
“What church is the killer in?
Can’t say but they interview people from all over the world
“Which students were on which floor of the home?”
These are key pieces that will later feed into the investigation, so authorities are not sharing these details at this time.
These 20 crimes are still unsolved in Boise
Can you identify anyone in these photos or surveillance footage? The Boise Police Department hopes you can give them a tip that will lead to more information! Who knew the city of Boise had so many unsolved crimes!
8 people are currently missing in Idaho, have you seen them?
According to the Idaho Missing Report, these are the 8 missing people who may be in Idaho. Have you seen her?
Here’s what the community thinks is missing in the Boise area
I posted this question: “What do you think is missing from Treasure Valley?” and here are the most popular opinions in no particular order.